- To assist the employer and employees in the development of a Workplace Skills Plan
- To submit the Workplace Skills Plan to the relevant SETA
- To advise the employer on the implementation of the Workplace Skills Plan
- To assist the employer with the obtaining of an Annual Training Report against the approved Workplace Skills Plan
- To advise the employer on quality assurance requirements as set by the relevant SETA
- To serve as a contact person between the employer and the relevant SETA
Accreditation and Training Services’ Skills Development Facilitator course will equip learners with the required knowledge and skills to identify training needs, draw up Work Place Skills Plans and Annual Training Reports.
It is the duty of the Skills Development Facilitator to analyse the needs of the organisation and develop and draw up a suitable skills development plan. It is the Skills Development Facilitator’s responsibility to ensure that the skills development plan is followed and properly administrated. The responsibility of a Skills Development Facilitator is great and thus they need to meet a high standard of criteria.